AGE APPROPRIATE WARNING

*ADULT SUPERVISION & PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT ARE REQUIRED WHEN UTILIZING THE TOOLS, PRODUCTS & TECHNIQUES DESCRIBED HERE ON OUR BLOG TO CREATE STAR WARS CUSTOMS.

Monday, April 21, 2014

"CLONE WARS CHANCELLOR PALPATINE" created by Elias

Recently Dad was asked to do a commission of a Clone Wars Chancellor Palpatine.  Dad currently doesn't take on any commissions, but Dad thought that maybe I was capable of making the figure if I decided I wanted to give it a try. At the time I backed out of the commission feeling way too intimidated, but I still wanted to see if it was something I could do.  

I used the body from the "Attack of the Clones" Palpatine with head and neck casts of the Clone Wars Darth Sidious without his hood on. Because Dad had molded the head, I didn't have to be afraid of ruining it if my sculpted hair didn't turn out well.  If I messed up, I could just make another.  

Cool thing is, I got it right on my first try and got this figure done in just 4 hours! 

I'm so glad that I just jumped right back into sculpting. Completing a second sculpting project, less than a week from finishing my first sculpt, really solidified my confidence in myself as a sculptor after observing such successful results.




"CLONE WARS
CHANCELLOR PALPATINE"
created by Elias














My custom Clone Wars Chancellor Palpatine was featured in Yakface.com's "Customizer Mega Spotlight!" I was super excited.  This was the biggest honor I ever could have received as a customizer!



CLICK THE PHOTOS BELOW TO SEE DARTH DADDY's - "CLONE WARS - CHANCELLOR PALPATINE" CUSTOM ACTION FIGURES:


http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2014/03/clone-wars-chancellor-palpatine-created.html