AGE APPROPRIATE WARNING

*ADULT SUPERVISION & PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT ARE REQUIRED WHEN UTILIZING THE TOOLS, PRODUCTS & TECHNIQUES DESCRIBED HERE ON OUR BLOG TO CREATE STAR WARS CUSTOMS.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

MELAS created by ELIAS

So summer is here, and that means that I get to make all the customs until school is back in session.  Dad is hard at work on his own projects and while he is keeping himself busy, I am making a couple of cool figures of my own.  My latest creation is a figure we wanted to add to my Mos Eisly cantina diorama for quite a long time now.  

Melas was a Sarkan exile who traveled from planet to planet. Unlike most Sarkans, he was short, with bright blue eyes and short claws. 

Melas' exile was not due to his appearance—rather, it was due to his gregarious nature. Melas enjoyed the company of Humans and other non-Sarkans, and often ignored the complexities of Sarkan rituals when socializing with them. He was forced to leave Sarka because he violated the strict laws of Sarkan protocol on numerous occasions.

Melas greatly missed the natural beauty of his homeworld, but exile was not an insurmountable hardship. He managed to smuggle a fortune in precious metals and gems off Sarka before his exile. Melas traveled across the galaxy, sightseeing and meeting as many different alien species as possible. Naturally, he found himself in Chalmun's Cantina when he visited Tatooine. He was present in the Cantina on the fateful day Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker hired Han Solo.

Melas became fond of smoking an Esoomiangruu pipe during his exile, and was rarely seen without it.

To make Melas, I used a cast head that was created by Star Wars customizer, I-AM-BOBA-FETT with a POTF Ketwol body.  I switched the lower arms out for Obi Wan Kenobi forearms and used Embo's hands to complete him.  Then I just painted him to look like he did on screen.  
The great thing about this Star Wars character is that you never see him from his chest down so customizers can get as imaginative as they would like with Melas south of there. I have seen a million different custom versions of his lower half, so I felt pretty comfortable winging it.  I figured since Melas was wealthy, he was most likely well fed and kept him looking plump.  



"MELAS"
created by Elias






















Movie still frame.

























SKILL LEVEL: INTERMEDIATE



 
My Melas custom action figure was featured on the front page of Imperial Shipyards.




Our Cantina Aliens were in Yakface.com's Customozer Spotlight!